Colorado Creative Industries News and Notes, June 2015
PUBLIC ART CALLS FOR ENTRY
Colorado Creative Industries has the following opportunities for public art:
- Northeastern Junior College, Sterling, CO – $74,700
- Western State Colorado University, Gunnision, CO – $151,600
- Auraria Campus, Auraria Library, Denver, CO – $166,400
- Trinidad State Junior College, Alamosa, CO – artworks up to or under $13,260
- Otero Junior College, La Junta, CO – artworks up to or under $14,730
Palletfest has several exciting opportunities for community participation!
- Art vendors to apply for a booth (products must be made of at least 50% upcycled materials).
- Public Art Submittal – Rare opportunity to be seen & photographed at one of Colorado’s newest and fastest growing festivals! AND then to be displayed within the City of Denver for a period of time following the event.
Upcycled/Recycled sculptures, functional art & furniture, and/or interactive pieces. Contact Victoria Brunner for more information: email@example.com
CITY OF GOLDEN
Art in public places program seeking artists
The City of Golden is looking for artists to add a creative and original flair to two city projects.
First, the City is requesting proposals from qualified applicants to provide professional engineering, design and construction services for the City of Golden Transit Shelter Project. The total project budget will not exceed $80,000, which includes design, engineering and construction/installation. Artists are encouraged to apply online at bit.ly/1HQoezs by Friday, June 19.
A Colorado based artist is also needed to create an original work of art that will be incorporated into a recently improved, heavily trafficked pedestrian walkway along Clear Creek in downtown Golden. This walkway is used by tourists and residents alike, throughout the year. The artist fee is not to exceed $11,000. Proposals must be submitted online at bit.ly/1cCfnsr by Friday, June 26.