Sage Generation Homeshare Fair
Tuesday, November 29 // 5:00-6:00 pm
Join Sage Generation on Tuesday, November 29 from 5-6 pm in the SteamPlant Annex for an informational event about the new Home Share Program.
Home sharing is an innovative solution to aging in place AND creating affordable housing.
Based on the best practice models of HomeShare Vermont and ALA in Southern California, Sage Generation supports seniors who want to stay in their homes by partnering them with potential housemate in an arrangement of their choice, from straight rent to service exchange or a combination of the two.
Home sharing is NOT having a live-in nurse. It is having another person in the home who might provide any of the following:
- Someone being there just in case
- Sharing space and an occasional meal
- Running errands or doing grocery shopping
- Taking on heavier household and yard chores
- Driving to doctor appointments or meetings
- Help with pets
Sage Generation provides coordination and ongoing support for home share participants. This includes:
- Screening homeowners and renters
- A thorough “matching” process
- Two-week trial living
- Ongoing contact, and active support and coordination to ensure success of matches and to address changes as needed
Home share participants pay a small fee, ranging from $50-250 depending on income, that covers the matching service and subsequent support. In keeping with our mission and our focus on seniors, at least one member in the home share match must be 60 or older. Download more details here!