International Women’s Day 2014 Call for Artwork submissions
100 Women, 100 Artworks
The purpose of these artworks, all created by diverse women from around the world, is to inspire, challenge and provoke thought. These artworks celebrate the artistic grace of women. 2011 saw 100 years since the first International Women’s Day was held so to mark this very special Centenary the ‘100 Women, 100 Artworks’ initiative was launched.
Guidelines for artwork submissions
All submissions are an uploaded picture of your work. All pieces are developed by women. You must be the owner of your work and the uploaded picture must be of satisfactory picture quality to be published. Your accompanying text should include a title for your work and a short amount of text that may include what inspired you to develop this piece, how it was developed and any other information that you would like to contribute.
- Produce an artwork that you would like to be published on the internationalwomensday.com website.
- Artworks can be paintings, sculptures, installations, photographs, drawings, sketches, collages, etc.
- While preferred, but certainly not at all mandatory, the artwork could include a gender element to it and include a short corresponding ‘artist’s note’ (i.e. text about the work).
- All artwork is submitted in photograph format only (unless already created as a computer file) i.e. we are not requesting submission of the original artwork.
- The picture of your artwork must be as close as possible distance-wise and of satisfactory quality for website publishing.
- Picture upload dimensions should not exceed a maximum of 250 KB, 600 pixels width, x 600 pixels height (if you need assistance please email us here – BUT DO NOT EMAIL YOUR ARTWORK AT THIS POINT).
- Pictures of artwork should be in .jpg format
- The artwork must be original and you must be the legal and current owner of the artwork.
What is the deadline for submitting artwork?
International Women’s Day is 8 March and the IWD website receives in excess of 350,000 unique users on that day alone. Artwork will be published as fast as possible in the lead up to that day so submitting an item sooner rather than later is requested.
Can I remain anonymous as the artist?
Yes. Although it is preferred that artists state their name, anonymity of source will however be fully accepted for publishing as long as the artwork meets the criteria and does not breach the Terms & Conditions as stated below.
Can I request my artwork be removed at any point?
Yes. By logging in to your ‘My IWD’ account, you can perform a number of functions such as editing your story, uploading IWD events, etc. To login, click here.
How do I submit artwork?
Once you are logged in to your ‘My IWD’ account you can upload a picture of your art and related text.
What if I have further questions?
Please contact us here.
Click here for more info: http://www.internationalwomensday.com/user/artwork.asp#.Uwy5RIXEHt5