Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center is seeking to purchase artwork
Application of Submission for HRRMC Permanent Collection
Heart of the Rockies Regional Medical Center is seeking to purchase artwork to be used in the new addition to the hospital which will be completed in early 2019. Local and regional artists are encouraged to submit work to the HRRMC Art Committee for consideration to be included in the HRRMC Permanent Collection.
The committee will review all submissions and make selections based on its Statement of Purpose to “…enhance the healing environment that is the hospital and as much as possible be representative of the work of local and regional artists.”
The criteria for accepting art is as follows:
- Work must be original and produced by the artist.
- Artists must be local, meaning within the Salida Hospital District, or regional, meaning Colorado or the immediate surrounding states.
- Artists must be accomplished in their field, their work having been exhibited, recognized with awards, published, etc.
- If work requires framing it must be to standards acceptable to HRRMC.
- All works must be wall mountable.
- All works to be included in the HRRMC Permanent Collection must be approved by a majority vote of the HRRMC Art Committee.
To submit work for consideration and purchase artists should follow this procedure:
Via email submit name, contact information, and a brief statement along with JPEG files for up to 5 submissions. Each file should be identified with a title, medium, image size (including depth if 3 dimensional), outside dimensions if matted and/or framed, and the price.
Send the email to HRRMC@lightonpaper.com
The deadline for submissions is January 19, 2019. The committee will notify of acceptance in early March 2019. Accepted work must be delivered to HRRMC by March 31, 2019.